Friday, February 19, 2010

Gold Medal

I found your Olympic gold medal
while I was cleaning my childhood bedroom.
I almost vacuumed it up.

I can’t help but wonder how it got on my floor,
how you must have not noticed it missing from your empty apartment.

I wonder if during one of those fights we used to have
I slipped it in my pocket, thinking you never deserved it.

I laid the medal on my old desk
next to a trick dog coin bank.

The dog holds the coin in his mouth,
jumps through the hoop, and hides the coin in a brown barrel.

This childish desk is a circus.
I can see the levers and
your Olympic gold medal is fading in the sunlight.

2 comments:

  1. shit, lindsey. did anyone ever tell you that you are a genius?
    have you looked into any kind of freelance writing while trying to start your post-college career? google it and check it out. they pay pretty good. :) love reading your stuff dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've been applying for anything and everything. Sometimes with the freelance stuff it is hard to tell what is legit. I'll look into it, though. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name, friend.