Friday, December 10, 2010

WE WILL BE OKAY!

I left you for the water
and the air
that I need
I left you for the smiles
and the sanity
I found a small sea shell
in the remains of the hurricane
beautiful and broken
I found myself in
the coldest months of winter
curled up, and she,
she was there to tell me
no, you are beautiful,
keep yourself warm,
you can come inside anytime.
I found a steady hand,
in my pocket,
holding what I gave away
somewhere inside,
our minds
saying, we will ride roller coasters
and we will
be
okay.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this poem. It has a really good tone to it.

    The line 'I found a small sea shell in the remains of a hurricane' is beautiful.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is so sad, but then hope rises up! Love it! Shirley Filer

    ReplyDelete
  3. ld. this rules. every word. the end.

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name, friend.